The Sardis Weekday School Director is responsible for preserving the character of a “preschool with heart” while leading a quality Weekday School program for preschoolers and their families which is theologically sound, educationally and developmentally appropriate and professionally operated.
- Person with love and enthusiasm for young children and their families
- Person with active involvement in a local church
- Person with commitment to Christian Weekday Education
- Person with college degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or the equivalent combination of educational background and related experience
- Person with teaching and program administration experience, preferably in a preschool setting
- Person who demonstrates excellent leadership qualities, decision-making skills, teamwork orientation and ethical conduct.
- Person who has proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to prepare and maintain administrative, financial and children’s records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum of instruction that nurtures the whole child spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually in an atmosphere of Christian love
- Recruit, hire, orient, observe, supervise, and evaluate the teaching staff and provide for their professional growth and curriculum planning
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for the Weekday School budget
- Have regular communications with the Associate Pastor for Families, the Sardis Weekday School Steering Committee, Finance Ministry, Director of Administration, and the Facilities Manager to ensure collaborative relationship and attend weekly Church Staff meetings
- Ensure the Weekday School meets the all Federal and State requirements applicable to Health, Safety, and Licensing regulations
- Prepare, revise and maintain records of all policies and handbooks which pertain to the operation of, employment in, and enrollment in the Weekday School.
- Connect with parents through the Parents’ Advisory Council, school tours, parent orientation, conferences when requested, and providing resources for parenting needs
- Oversee implementation of strategic marketing and communication plans for SWS
- Provide positive input for SWS goals for the future and the changes that need to take place
- Maintain membership in professional organizations related to Early Childhood and establish good relationships with the preschool community in Charlotte
Interested in applying? Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.